About Strengths Work
Strengths Work is a strengths-based coaching company that specializes in empowerment and results. Instead of focusing on your weaknesses, we focus on your strengths.
Think about it like this:
Talent + Knowledge + Strength-Building = Extraordinary Results
You already have the talent.
That’s innate, your greatest source of power.
You acquire knowledge through the Gallup CliftonStrengths assessment.
It’s based on decades of research and has been used by millions worldwide, including Fortune 500 companies, the World Bank, the United Nations, federal agencies, and the military.
You build strengths with the help of a Gallup Certified Strengths Coach.
That’s me, Kimberly Giddens. At the core of what I do is increase awareness and motivation. But what really gets me energized is targeting moments of excellence and helping you repeat those successes.
What you get are extraordinary results.
The kind of results will depend on your goals. Maybe it’s a promotion, a new job, a career transition. Maybe it’s a more effective leadership style. Maybe it’s team building. Maybe it’s increased profits and sales.
Whatever you want – for your career, your staff, your company – Strengths Work will help you get there.
Let’s get started.
Strengths Work: A Journey of Empowerment
My passion for strengths work began in 2006. Working as a District Manager in the retail industry, I was managing stores and the many people who worked in them. I loved my job but was sometimes challenged to motivate a staff with such varied talents and goals.
Then I took the Clifton StrengthsFinder assessment.
It not only gave me invaluable insight into my strengths; it opened my eyes to the fact that strengths can manifest as weaknesses. Wow, light bulb moment.
StrengthsFinder revealed that one of my top traits is Relator – with a primary attribute of developing deep relationships with people who share similar goals. So, when I was unable to connect employees to shared goals I felt challenged. Challenged enough to consider those employees under performers.
“Empower, inspire women and others to impact the world by actively strengthening talents to reach full potential.”
– Kimberly Giddens
Working to understand myself and career through the StrengthsFinder lens was a turning point for me.
Shortly after taking the assessment, I joined a company that really embraced the strengths philosophy and leveraged Gallup services. This enabled me to immerse myself in strengths training as well as get certified through one of Gallup’s first partnered certification programs.
Long story short, the StrengthsFinder tool has really transformed my life and leadership, inspiring me to share this empowering tool.
My Commitment to You.
As your strengths-based coach, I will listen powerfully, with empathy and objectivity. I will learn your goals and understand your perspective. I will bring courage to the conversation, ensuring we get to the root of what should be driving your direction. I will help you map the individualized career path leading to a lucrative career and personal fulfillment.
Depending on the type of strengths coaching you choose, you will have all sorts of other objectives. There will inevitably be some overlap among the different types of coaching, but, in general, here’s what to expect of each.
Beyond the basics outlined above, expect career coaching to focus on things like:
- Positioning you to get promoted and make more money in the process
- Making a career transition based on a full exploration of your career options
- Mapping out a lucrative career path for you.
Executive Leadership Coaching
Expect executive and leadership coaching to focus on things like:
- Identifying and strengthening your leadership traits
- Identifying and strengthening the talents of the people you lead
- Facilitating productive collaborations among them
- Listening to your employees, identifying their motivations, and creating opportunities for their satisfaction and success.
High Performing Team Coaching
Expect team coaching to focus on things like:
- Mapping out a plan of action for goal achievement utilizing everyone’s talents
- Facilitating productive meetings, collaboration, and team building
- Setting measurable milestones
- Tracking progress and adjusting the plan as necessary
- Acknowledging when team members outperform expectations
The Impact of Strengths Work
My experience alone is enough to tell me that strengths work makes a difference, from leadership and team building, to job advancement and career transition. But there are plenty of Gallup stats to back that up.
People who receive strengths-based coaching are:
- 78 percent more productive atwork
- 3 times as likely to have excellent quality of life
- 6 times as likely to be engaged at work
- 6 times as likely to do what you do best every day
Organizations and teams that receive strengths-based coaching:
- Increase profits by 14 to 29 percent
- Increase sales by 10 to 19 percent
- Lower turnover by 6 to 72 percent
It’s results like these that ignited my passion for the strengths-based approach – results measured in business metrics, employee engagement, and personal satisfaction from not only doing what you love but doing it to your fullest potential.